How to Avoid Locksmith Scams
Unfortunately there have been out-of-state companies defrauding Minnesota residents by claiming to be local companies. The Office of Minnesota Attorney General Lori Swanson had to permanently ban two locksmith companies from operating in Minnesota, one was a New York based company and the other was a Florida based company. These companies would trick Minnesota residents into thinking they were calling local locksmiths and then preyed upon residents that were locked out of their homes or cars by charging exorbitant fees as much as $300. The scam companies would quote a reasonable rate on the phone but when the technician arrived they would raise the price dramatically and for individuals locked out of their cars in freezing temperatures they were vulnerable and would pay the high prices.
At Locksmith Minnesota we pride ourselves on putting customers first, and we will never charge you more than we quote you. We provide a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee, and we have no problem answering all your questions and providing you with as much information as you require. Our team of expert technicians will never upcharge you, and we are disgusted by out-of-state locksmith companies preying upon the good citizens of Minnesota so below is a list of things to consider before hiring a locksmith company:
• Ask the company to provide their name, address, and location of their business, if they refuse or make up an excuse do not use their services.
• When you call and get an estimate to make sure the company stands behind that estimate and does not charge extra fees on arrival. A reputable locksmith company should be able to provide an accurate quote based on the make, model, and year of your car or for homes based on the type of lock you have. If the company says they cannot quote you an estimate until after they arrive, you are better off doing business elsewhere.
• Never sign a blank work order.
• Make sure the locksmith you hire carries insurance in case they cause damage to your vehicle or home.
• Call multiple locksmiths and compare prices before deciding which company to use.
• Upon completion of service make sure you get a detailed receipt that includes the prices of the service, labor, and mileage.
At Locksmith Minnesota we are an honest company that puts our customer’s safety and security first. Locksmith companies that defraud Minnesota residents give the entire industry a bad name and disgust us. If you have any questions or concerns regarding a locksmith, who has committed a crime make sure to call your local police department or sheriff’s office and report them immediately. If you need any locksmith service, you can count on Locksmith Minnesota to provide you with honest and reliable service so call one of our knowledgeable staff at (952) 800-7750 or visit our website at locksmithminneapolisco.com